How to launch the addon webinar at Demio
If your addon is to be purchased by a customer, it is important that the customer understands its benefits and knows how to use them. There are many ways to do this. From the correctly written presentation of the addon for Shoptet addons, through the descriptive screenshots (because a photo is worth more than a thousand words), up to a video tutorial. And perhaps also a webinar.
Webinars with our API partners are broadcast via Demio and post-recording is available on our YouTube channel. We’ll also add the video to the addon presentation to maximize the benefits for potential customers.
If your addon and service is good enough for a webinar and you would like to prepare it, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will select the date together and discuss everything you need.
And now let’s take a look at what the webinar should contain, what it should look like, and finally some technical things, how to broadcast it.
Content and form of a webinar
- At the beginning, you will introduce yourself, your addon, and then focus on practical demonstrations of working with it, on tips and tricks, the most common errors, etc.
- Leave some room for participants to ask questions at the end – you can find these out from live chat or live streaming. Alternatively, you can also invite a guest
- The webinar should be between 30 minutes and 45 minutes long
- It may be partially pre-shot, but preferably live in its entirety
- The itemized contents of the webinar must be submitted no later than one month before the webinar is held, so that we can promote it properly.
Promotion of webinar
In order to spread the information about the webinar among as many customers as possible, and at the right time, we promote it in two waves:
- Approximately one month before the webinar starts, there will be a promotion on social networks, in the administration of all e-shops and with mailing
- **On the day of the event **or the day before, there will be one more reminder on social networks.
The reach of video without a bigger promotion is around 300 participants within a month (most of them are those who are really interested about it). The video will be embedded as part of your addon’s presentation, once it has been broadcast.
How to broadcast live webinars
The webinars are broadcast via the Demio platform. We prepare everything for a live broadcast, which you log in to with a unique link. We will show you how to do this now:
- There is no need for special equipment or programs for streaming alone. You only need:
- Stable Internet access **** during the live broadcast
period – A Web camera and microphone – The built-in ones on your laptop or PC are good enough
- You can test the live broadcast in advance on a test webinar, you will also be given access in time.
Preparing the webinar’s live streaming
- You will receive the invitation to take part in a live stream by e-mail
- You will be broadcasting through a link in the e-mail. So save it 🙂 But you will not get into the broadcasting studio just yet. One more step is needed
- In order for you to get to the studio and prepare the broadcast presentation (but do not start yet), click on the link in the e-mail marked Enter as Shoptet. In fact, we are lending you the keys to unlock the studio 🙂
- Just turn off the camera and microphone and enter a studio like Shoptet. In this studio (under this link), you will also start the webinar via live streaming – but for now simply wait. Via this step, you shall be able to enter the studio yourself, as the presenter.
- When you enter a studio like Shoptet, keep the window open. You will be returned to it when you want to launch the live webinar. But now go back to your link you received, as a presenter. Now you’ll also see the option to enter the studio.
- Now leave the camera and microphone switched on, for you to be seen and heard.
- In the studio, use the screen-sharing button (right button below) to prepare what you want to show the participants of the webinar. You can share the full screen, application, or only the selected browser window.
- Use the multi-window icon to switch between the screens, or add a second window.
Starting the live broadcast
- Everything ready? You can start! Just go back to the studio as “Shoptet”, and when it is time for live streaming, just click on the “Start session” button in the Shoptet room. After starting the broadcast, close this window, otherwise you will hear an annoying echo.
- But remember to go back to your presenter studio after the webinar starts. Here you can also switch between the shared screens that you show to the webinar participants. Don’t worry, you have plenty of time to transfer, the systems counts down 5 seconds of life streaming.
- And now you are broadcasting live.
- The participants only see only what you share.
- The participants may communicate via public chat. Be sure to monitor it and respond to it.
- You can invite a colleague to a written conversation via a chat – just let us know in advance, we will send him an invitation for a moderator.
- From your point of view, the broadcast studio looks like this:
- The preview of the shared window is behind the window. Above it, there are buttons to switch off the shared window or switch it to another one.
- On the right, you can see both public and private chats – be careful where you type! Just to avoid sending a private message to other administrators in a public chat 🙂 A private chat is good if you are broadcasting together with other presenters, and you need to communicate with them privately
Stopping the broadcast
- As well as the start, you can end the broadcast from the Shoptet studio. Just click to return back to this studio with the End session button and end the broadcast
- Finally, just switch off all the windows. We will post the video among the other webinars and add it to your presentation.
Two important tips, before we finish:
- Chat – Read the messages you receive aloud, when you want to reply to them (ideally immediately after they are received :)). The chat doesn’t appear in the video recording that we post to our other webinars on our youtube channel. So the video must be clear about what you are responding to. So that it’s not just “Shouts in the Dark”
- Transmission tip – Ensure you have stable Internet access and do not open any extra browser windows while you are transmitting. This can significantly affect the recording quality of the webinar, even though the live stream will appear fine. Let’s get the best quality for those looking at it later 🙂